How to get speech in a console session?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 18:03:19 UTC 2021

Well, here are a couple of suggestions along with an opinion. You could
probably run an
sudo apt install espeakup
or espeak
While I am not fond of those voices, you could purchase much better quality
voices from Voxin from
https://www.oralux.org
For the IBM TTS its only $5  but the newer imbeded voices are more. I must
confess, while in Slint, it was a bit easier getting those newer voices. In
Debian, its easier to use "voxinup" to switch from an espeak to voxin, but
newer voxin use "speechd-up" I understand that in both Debian-and-Slint, trying
Fenrar may make some of this process easier. Best of luck
Chime