Mate Desktop questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 21:36:21 UTC 2021

"... To be sure that the sound is unmuted, your best option is to run
something like
alsactl store
in a terminal. This should happen automatically when you shut down the
laptop, so it's baffling me why your sound is muted every time you boot.
It's possible that the restore isn't working at boot time either, so you
may want to stick
alsactl restore
into your boot sequence at some point as well. "

Can someone point me to where the "boot sequence" referenced in the
reply quoted above, is located? I am running Mint Mate 20.2.
It would also be nice to know where I can find the commands that are
executed at logoff or shutdown. I am still fairly new at Linux, but
learning a ton over the past few months.
Thanks,
John