How do you format a disk using slint?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 01:37:59 UTC 2021

Hello folks,

I have been playing with linux for almost two weeks by now.  It seems
that I have settled on slint. I installed it on a 128 GB SD disk and I
find it very fast and responsive. I have begun to use it for my email
and internet browsing on daily bases. I have not used it for word
processing yet, but it looks that the system can be used quite
efficiently with the Libre office.

Now I need to figure out how to format disks and make backup copies of
my work.

I went through all the GUI menus and could not find any utility for
formatting USB drives or SD disks, as a first step for backup of my
work. Is this task undoable in the GUI environment and I have to look
for the use of terminal for formatting disks?

Cheers,

Ibrahim