How do you format a disk using slint?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 09:34:32 UTC 2021

Hello,

1. Restart to another system from external disk or flash.
2. Shrink your installed system as much as you can with Gparted. If you
have one partition, it will be easier. If you have two partitions, you
must shrink them all (system and data). If the system is on the extended
partition, this tutorial will don't work.
3. In Terminal cd to the folder where you want to have your backup of
system and write:
sudo dd if=/dev/sda1 of=file.iso
4. Wait for finish the work. It would be slow. It depends on disk speed
and system size.
5. After finishing the work, erase disk again and restart to your system.

Success!

Tried on Ubuntu Mate or Debian or Vinux. My friend found this way to
backup systems and it works many years for us. Be careful, you have to
control, what is your system what you want to backup if it's SDA1 or
SDB1 or what.

Take care.

Best regards

Vojta.