any other accessible email client for linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Nov 14 20:39:50 UTC 2021

Looking at alpine, the first thing I noticed is that I can set an inbox
path and an smtp server, but I can't seem to set an imap server, and I
couldn't immediately find the encryption, port and authentication
settings even for smtp. I really do like the menu interface, most of it
with single-key mnemonic functions, but there's just too much here that
I can't seem to figure out, like how to set up imap email, although I do
know that it's possible. Problem is even reading the man page isn't
helping me get through all the config options, and only my page-up,
page-down, home and end keys are navigating through the configurations,
making it difficult to set a single option, and I don't see any show
cursor or similar command line option that will allow my screen reader
to speak the configuration I would be setting. Unfortunately, even the
most inaccessible desktop email applications make it easy enough to set
up a mailbox using imap and smtp settings, complete with
security/encryption and authentication. I think what I'm looking for is
some kind of "setup new mailbox" menu selection, but I don't immediately
see that. It seems it looks good for local mail, but I'm not finding any
remote mailbox setup. I did see message threading options, which
definitely helps with that issue, but remote mailbox configuration
definitely needs to be easier to do right from the setup menu or the
main screen that I see when I open alpine.

~Kyle