any other accessible email client for linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 15:23:18 UTC 2021

It is fairly easy to setup.  Show cursor is in the configuration menu and the config. list is searchable to avoid up and down arrow only.
Hitting the question mark key when on a config. list bbrings up a hehlp page for it.  I would be happy to help you past the unfamiliar bits
like imap syntax.

On Sun, 14 Nov 2021, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

> Looking at alpine, the first thing I noticed is that I can set an inbox
> path and an smtp server, but I can't seem to set an imap server, and I
> couldn't immediately find the encryption, port and authentication
> settings even for smtp. I really do like the menu interface, most of it
> with single-key mnemonic functions, but there's just too much here that
> I can't seem to figure out, like how to set up imap email, although I do
> know that it's possible. Problem is even reading the man page isn't
> helping me get through all the config options, and only my page-up,
> page-down, home and end keys are navigating through the configurations,
> making it difficult to set a single option, and I don't see any show
> cursor or similar command line option that will allow my screen reader
> to speak the configuration I would be setting. Unfortunately, even the
> most inaccessible desktop email applications make it easy enough to set
> up a mailbox using imap and smtp settings, complete with
> security/encryption and authentication. I think what I'm looking for is
> some kind of "setup new mailbox" menu selection, but I don't immediately
> see that. It seems it looks good for local mail, but I'm not finding any
> remote mailbox setup. I did see message threading options, which
> definitely helps with that issue, but remote mailbox configuration
> definitely needs to be easier to do right from the setup menu or the
> main screen that I see when I open alpine.
>
> ~Kyle

ent-
XR