any good accessible OCR for linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 03:14:10 UTC 2021

Since you already have slint, you have a good ocr tool called lios. Look
for it in your Graphics menu.  The ocr part is actually done by the
program called Teseract.  The other parts of LIOS take care of
controling your scanner and giving you presentation options.  I've used
LIOS for reading documents that are actually images, as well as scanner
output.

If you learn emacspeak, you'll find that it, too, has scanner and ocr
capabilities.  Again, I think Teseract does the heavy lifting.

HTH,

Dave  H.  <ka1cey at gmail.com>

Sent from my HP Probook and Trisquel GNU/Linux, version 10.0 (pre-release)
https://trisquel.info