any good accessible OCR for linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 15:52:37 UTC 2021

apt-get install followed by the names of one or more packages is the
standard way of installing pre-built packages on Debian and it's
derivatives. Though, for it to actually work, it needs to either be
prefixed with the sudo command or be run in a root shell.

Slint is based on Slackware, which uses a different package management
system from Debian and it's many derivatives, so I suspect apt-get
would just get you a command not found error. I'm really only familiar
with Debian and its derivatives, so I have no idea what the equivalent
command on either Slint or vanilla Slackware would be. As for why a
package built for slint would be making suggestions that would only be
useful to someone running a Debian-based distro, I suspect it's a case
of Debian and it's derivatives accounting for a large portion of Linux
users(probably a plurality, perhaps even majority if you group all
distros into major families), the developer tailoring the error
message to the largest group possible, and the slint maintainers(who I
think might actually be a team of one) not having the time or
resources to go through every package and remove error and help
messages only relevant to other distros.