Mint Mate folder options?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Nov 19 23:34:53 UTC 2021

Thank you,

I never thought to look on the edit menu for preferences.

Rob

===

Hi,

To set your folder options:

1. Open a folder, such as your Home folder.
2. Press Alt+e to open the edit menu.
3. Arrow down to preferences and press Enter.
4. This screen has a number of tabs including: Views, Behavior, Display,
List.
5. You can tab through the various options on each tab page. You may
have to use the Orca line up/down commands to learn about folder option
controls that do not speak. Using this method, you can set all of the
folder options.

Also, look for a program called MintTweak. I installed it using apt-get.
It give you control over various system options, including which system
icons to display on the desktop.

HTH,
John