Fedora and virtual machines not starting

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Nov 24 23:46:20 UTC 2021

I just tried running a qemu script with the Fedora Rawhide iso that I used in
gnome-boxes. Tried es1370 and sb16 to use as the virtual sound device, and I get
the same silence. Is it possible that the Pipewire sound system that Fedora uses
doesn't work in the virtual environment for some reason? I'm grasping at straws
I know, but I can think of nothing that stops this from working. I have used
this specific Rawhide iso on bare metal without any trouble, and I have loaded
other distros' isos into qemu and gnome-boxes, and although loading into
gnome-boxes did give me very laggy performance, especially with audio, it did work.
~Kyle