Pipewire and Orca and audio

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 11:44:49 UTC 2021

So I'm convinced now Pipewire is doing something funky on
qemu/Virtualbox. I've spun up a quick and dirty Arch system running Mate
via startx. Pulse works fine but the moment I redo the install with
Pipewire, Orca keels over.

So is there anything special I need to do in order to get Pipewire to
play nice? I did sudo pacman -S pipewire pipewire-pulse wireplumber and
am trying to go with a Pipewire and Wireplumber setup. All other audio,
like YT vids, works fine, Orca just comes out as a garbled mess, so it
looks at least to me like Pulse works better on my system.

Anyone else run into this with Arch or other distros using Pipewire and
fiure out a solution? There's not much online really about it, just
articles on oh it's a bug, or oh replace Pulse with Pipewire