Pipewire and Orca and audio

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 12:13:23 UTC 2021

Orca speaks through speech-dispatcher which manage the audio output.

but please note that as of today, there is no audio driver for pipewire in
speech-dispatcher, help welcome to provide one:

https://github.com/brailcom/speechd/issues/447

meanwhile I suggest that you just edit /etc/speech-dispatcher-speechd.conf,
setting either:
AudioOutputMethod "libao"
or
AudioOutputMethod "pulse"
or
AudioOutputMethod "alsa"

Indeed the corresponding software should be installed.

Cheers,
Didier