What is the easiest and most accessible editor?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 21:48:04 UTC 2021

See I usually throw a terminal/console text editor in on any CLI only
systems/installs for that reason, or for working in a TTY when I want to
edit stuff or am on an SSH connection. It's always nice to have a
simple, easy to use editor in my pocket so if my desktop falls over or I
need to SSH into a machine I can just do nano filename and get right to
work without having to fight an editor that thinks it knows what I want.
No. I just want to get in, edit text, save, and get things donen.