What is the easiest and most accessible editor?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Nov 30 19:15:41 UTC 2021

I'll admit, while I'm used to them, nano's use of w and q for
searching forward and back are very non-intuitive from an English
speaking perspective... and it's annoying as heck when I press ctrl+w
to search for something thinking I'm in nano only to realize too late
that I'm in Firefox and just closed my active tab... doubly so if I
had typed something long in that tab that isn't guaranteed to be there
when I reopen the tab or if it was the only open tab, which on my
setup not only closes Firefox, but quits the GUI altogether... Thank
Turing ctrl+q no longer closes Firefox without prompt if multiple tabs
are open and that I never really got in the habit of searching
backward in nano(going to close the active tab and accidentally
quitting the whole program takes t he cake).

Though, now I'm curious... where did the Desktop standard keybindings
of xcv for cut, copy, paste, a for select all, p for print, safor
save, biu forr bold, italic, underline, z forr undo, etc. originate?
My guess is that most GUI applications under Linux copied them from
Windows aplications because much of the effort with the Linux Desktop
has focused on making the transition from Windows easier, and I'm
guessing most Windows applications copied them from Microsoft, but did
they originate with Microsoft or did Microsoft take them from
somewhere else?

And yeah, this thread has long stopped really being about the
"easiest" text editor if it ever really was.