Mate Desktop questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 19:56:31 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am setting up two laptops for sighted people, but I will be
maintaining/supporting them. I am using Linux Mint Mate 20.2. I have two
questions...
1. How do I access the task bar/system tray using Orca?
2. The Logon screen has multiple users defined. Sometimes, Orca will not
speak on this screen. This sometimes happens at boot, but always happens
after logging off one user and wanting to login again as a different
user. When this happens, the Alt+Super+S keys have no effect. Other
times it works perfectly fine--frustrating. Any thoughts/suggestions on
this one?

Thanks,
John