Mate Desktop questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 22:23:09 UTC 2021

If you're talking about Ubuntu 20.04, you may have to restart orca, once
you open the installer.  To do this, I can type, "orca -r", in the 'run'
box, and get a talking installer.  I don't know how you do this when you
pick 'install' as the startup option.  I went to the "try ubuntu"
option, where I get a full desktop, and run the installer from there.
Before starting the installer, I set orca's keyboard layout to 'laptop',
in case I want flat review of something.  If you're doing this on a
full-size desktop keyboard, you may want to skip this step.  Some later
ubuntus have a bug that requires the live user to log out, then back in,
to get a talking installer.

HTH,

Dave  Hunt

This machine runs Trisquel GNU/Linux, version 9.