Any suggestions of what distro of Linux I should load onto a new computer?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 23:31:40 UTC 2021

I didn't have any audio problems with 34. Upgraded to Rawhide about 2
weeks ago, which is now ahead of 35 beta and is numbered as 36
currently. Only audio issue I have had involved having to run

systemctl --user restart wireplumber

after trying to do some music-related work involving fluidsynth,
audacity, pactl and pw-link. The culprit at this point appears to be
pavucontrol, which is silencing my headphones when I open the recording
tab while audacity is recording. MATE sound seems not to have that
problem, but I think I did something else wrong somewhere, as now my
midi keyboard is silent where it was playing through Fluidsynth. I will
figure it out and report the bug in Fedora's bug tracker, since I have
an account there now. Just need to try to find a shorter list of steps
to reproduce the bug, and hopefully rule out some specific applications.
Looks like a pavucontrol bug, but I'll need to be sure.

~Kyle