Any suggestions of what distro of Linux I should load onto a new computer?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 01:19:10 UTC 2021

Sounds like you've already decided on Slint; I was afraid to mention it;
didn't know your computer skills level.  I may put Slint back onto one
of these machines; it works very well.  Sounds like anything based on an
LTS version of Ubuntu won't serve you well, since you need the newest
brltty.  Since I don't have braille display, I can get away with running
something a little old and stable.

HTH,

Dave

Sent from my Think Penguin J4 laptop, running Trisquel GNU/Linux, version 9.