Can I run an accessible version of linux under windows?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 16:47:57 UTC 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

> What is the minimum requirements of a computer to run linux?  I was hoping to
> load it on an older machine retired from DOS; a 386 or 486 with not much
> memory or hardware expansion.  Perhaps modern linux won't run on a machine of
> that vintage?

YOu certainly won't be able to run a desktop environment on a machine like
that.

You should be able to run a command-line environment.

I'm not sure how well speech synthesis would work on such a system, you
might need some speech hardware.

And getting audio output to work on a systemthat old can be a bit
interesting.

good luck!

Geoff.