Accessible Coconut speech at startup

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Oct 30 03:04:31 UTC 2021

Thanks a million. I just figured what I was doing worng. I just realized
that hitting alt-f1 or alt-f2 does not work on my laptop. I needed to
push the function key along with the alt f1 or f2 for it to work. Now I
can access the menus just fine.

I still need to figure out a way of changing the default speech engine,
and a way to have it display foreign characters on the Braille display.
For example, When I do a youtube search and get a hit in Arabic or
Hebrew it displays the Arabic or Hebrew characters as question marks. I
am sure there is a way of dealing with this.

in the next stage, I need to figure a safe way of installing it
alongside my windows without screwing u    p my windows opperation.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

By the way I am now writing this email using the thunderbird that comes
with the accessible Coconut