Beginner's Guide To The Linux Terminal

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 31 14:58:46 UTC 2021

As I understand things, the alt+control+t keyboard shortcut is
predefined in I believe Ubuntu and derivatives, but it is not a default
shortcut configuration. It is however possible to define a terminal
shortcut from within the keyboard shortcut configuration tool of your
chosen desktop environment. Most of the time, you can set this by
opening your keyboard shortcuts either from a preferences menu or the
control center, usually found under hardware, and look for the desktop
shortcut that says "run a terminal." Mine is disabled because I haven't
yet configured it. You can press the enter key to edit the shortcut and
then press the key combination you want to use, assuming it doesn't
conflict with anything already set. Alt+control+t is usually left open,
so it should work on any system.

~Kyle