Reading html email using mutt

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Sep 4 18:10:43 UTC 2021

Hi Brandt,

I transmitted your question to Philippe Delavalade (the first ever Slint
user
with Braille by the way), and I forward you his answer, translated to
English.

I assume that you could replace lynx with w3m in his answer.

Cheers,
Didier

Philippe's message below:

Hi Didier.

Finally I have a few minutes free to answer you.

In the .muttrc file I have the line :
set mailcap_path="~/.mailcap"

In .mailcap I have theses two lines :
text/html; /usr/bin/lynx -force_html '%s
application/xhtml+xml; lynx -force_html '%s'

Otherwise, in practice, once the message is opened with mutt, we press 'v',
with the up/down arrows you select the html part (or the multipart if
there is
none), then you press 'm' and lynx opens and you read knowing that the
cursor
is placed on the links

later,

--