No GNOME Terminal on Jenux? (fwd)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 01:38:12 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:41:03
From: Daniel Nash <dnl.nash at gmail.com>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com>
Subject: Re: No GNOME Terminal on Jenux?

Hello:

Even if both gnome and gnome-extra groups are installed, the gnome
terminal package seems to be broken, in that it errors out giveing some
sort of dbus related error. For a terminal that is accessible with orca
and yasr, as well as fenrir with its pty emulation mode, try either
terminator or mate-terminal. I will add terminator as a package to the
default gnome and mate presets, since it is already included in the base
gui preset which uses ratpoison. Also, if you interupt the login process,
by logging in and immediately hitting control c before fenrir stops, you
can perform maintenence tasks in an environment where X cannot run for
whatever reason. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely:

Daniel Nash