rhvoice broken on Arch

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Sep 18 15:43:58 UTC 2021

Dear All:

As is my usual practice, I did a full -Syu upgrade of my two Arch Linux
systems this morning.

rhvoice is one package that was new this week. It's not working with
Speech-Dispatcher. When I do a Alt+F2 and type 'orca -r' I hear the
dummy driver audio message.

I've reset for espeak-ng in my /etc/Speech-Dispatcher/speechd.conf, and
Orca is happy. Yes, I was previously not loading that model (nor Voxin).

Sorry, Alexander!

Best,

Janina