rhvoice broken on Arch

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Sep 18 22:08:16 UTC 2021

Hi Again!

Linux for blind general discussion writes:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 04:51:52PM -0400, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> hmm. I am using tmux and it makes the easie to read any output.
> I strongly advise you to develop this habit for you, it will help to
> avoid problems in the future.

Yes, I have several reasons now to leave screen behind and move to tmux.
Soon!

> > > I don’t know why you are apologizing, but in any case, you don’t need to do this.
> > >
> > Fair enough. I just don't like being pesky, and I've been unable to
> > succeed reliably with espeakup-0.90 for weeks now.
>
> I'm also sorry that I haven't been able to help you with this yet.
>
> > I'm glad to hear you and Kirk are working on that. Also, as Didier
> > suggested, I will see if rebuilding pcaudiolib without pulse might help.
> > I try to avoid pulse, so it's possible I'm missing some piece it wants.
>
> oo you don't have pulse installed? this is important information.

yay -Qi pulseaudio reports it installed as a dependency, but it's not a
working system. For example:

paplay myfile.wav

gives me:

Connection failure: Connection refused
pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused

Whereas aplay works just fine.

Best,

Janina