different desktops

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 09:28:04 UTC 2022

Sure, imho all desktops were not created equal when it comes to accessibility.

The fact that Mate is the first to go to says a lot about the ease of navigating its controls to select applications, getting to the desktop, launching the default Caja file manager etc.

These are the things that define accessibility and some desktops are not able to do that. I am also thinking of the ability to check on the computer status such as the battery, network connectivity and so forth.

On Wed, Apr 06, 2022 at 02:30:14AM -0500, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>For a linux user, using the Orca screen-reading program and keyboard shortcuts, and not the mouse, would there be any advantage of using one desktop over another?
>At this time, which desktops are usable for Orca users?

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)