different desktops

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 12:12:30 UTC 2022

F10 unfortunately is doing nothing for me. I was able to get to the
keyboard shortcuts through the super key menu, but I see nothing that
goes to a status bar, system tray, panel or anything else, unless I want
desklets, but super+s, which is supposed to show this desklet thing is
also doing nothing here. Alt+f1 is the workspace selection, which is
also activated with alt+control+up arrow, alt+f2 is the run window, and
alt+control+down arrow activates the window switcher. I got the clock
and calendar to show using super+c, and super+e will open my home
folder. I can also access notifications using super+n, which does allow
me to interact with them normally. I don't seem to get any reaction from
mouse movement though. Nothing opens up, and Orca's speak object under
mouse functionality is largely silent when I don't have a window open on
the current workspace.

~Kyle