Good Orca friendly terminal file manager?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 11:03:47 UTC 2022

I use nn, though mostly on the terminal.

nnn is accessible both on the terminal and on the desktop with orca. The only quirk with it is that when a directory has only one item, Orca won't announce the item.

nnn has a simple listing of files to the extent that it wraps all the way to the top or bottom when you are scrolling.

Ishe

On Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 08:07:39PM -0500, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>Tim here.  I've tried several (mc, ranger, and "nnn"), and while mc &
>ranger are powerful, I suspect the simplicity of "nnn"
>(https://github.com/jarun/nnn) will work better with a terminal
>screen-reader.  It has grown a lot of features since when I first
>tried it, so it might be a bit heavier and less screen-reader
>friendly now.
>
>That said, I tend to just use the standard command-line to manage
>my files most of the time, and that is exceptionally accessible.
>(grins)
>
>-Tim
>

>On April  8, 2022, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>> I thought I asked this before, but...
>>
>> Is there a good, Orca friendly file manager laying around? I can
>> live with Caja or pcmanfm, but I'm wondering if there's a good
>> terminal based file manager that works with Orca?

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)