The best editor for indentation monitoring

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 19:48:18 UTC 2022

I have been using Sublime Text for about 10 years now. It's highly
extensible and has loads of plug-ins with a Package Manager to easily add
and remove them. It also supports "code folding" (collapsing code blocks as
Rastislav was describing). It's free to try it out with an infinite trial
period (you do get a "buy me" popup dialog every 50 or so saves, but
hitting the escape key make it go away). The license is about $100 if you
decide to buy it (I know people that have been using it for a very long
time in the trial).

If Sublime doesn't work for you, I've also used gEdit (already installed on
Ubuntu) and Komodo Edit in the past. You could also check out Atom from the
GitHub guys. Microsoft does make VS Code available on Ubuntu, but I've not
liked that one very much.

--
Karl Wilbur
513-322-2481