FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 02:30:51 UTC 2022

Okay, answers in context below.

> Excellent. Here's three grant sites just to get started.
Generally,  some of these resources require very specific  eligibility
factors, see below.

> https://www.ieeefoundation.org/Grants

Two points n the above.  Due to Covid 19, the  Ieee foundation did not
even do a grant cycle for 2021, and there is no indication that one has
begun for 2022.
The more important issue though is that you cannot apply for a grant at
all,
  unless you are either an IEEE member, or associated with one, who must
direct the project.
Anyone meet those qualifications?

> https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/118.nsf/eng/00002.html

In this case the challenges are a couple as well.
First, the funding cycle for this resource has passed, march 31 2022.
Second, to apply you must be a legal Canadian entity, for profit,
nonprofit, or  research facility.

Then there are the qualifying factors, there is a self test on the site
which helps you decide if you qualify.

Depending on location,  and individuals involved, perhaps a possibility
for next year.

> https://www.supermoney.com/disability-loans-grants/
The above is a secondary, almost third level resource, and not a correct
one.
For example the statements about the foundation center, which actually no
longer  exists by that name, are incorrect.
Candid libraries, formally foundation center libraries provide grant
research in person, and via their library staff...free of charge.
Also, they provide their databases in libraries  around the country for
research as well.
In short, more details must be outlined for some of these resources to
work, even when available, and the third is not accurate as presented.
hope that helps,
Karen