FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 13:18:42 UTC 2022

I'd like to know why identities are not revealed, I have my guesses, privacy, security, avoiding harvesting by  bots and being suddenly swarmed with spam just for posting on a list...but it'd be good to know the reason why from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

That and I'd also like to fix this list. There's nothing really wrong with this list and certainly no need to go fork off a whole new list however though, not if the list maintainer can sort things out, to have a hwole new list over one issue seems, well, a little petty to me however

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 04:04:25PM +0300, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 08:37:19AM +0200, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> > I am Didier Spaier, Slint maintainer and sighted.
>
> hello Didier.
>
> > I am frustrated not to be able to follow this discussion as I would like, as in
> > most cases I do not know who speaks, answering to whom and to which message.
> >
> > This is mostly due to the fact that identities of posters are not displayed in
> > this list in the "From" field.
>
> Yes. I also see this as a problem.
>
> > For Slint we have a dedicated mailing list hosted by freelists.org very easy to
> > use as indicated in the footer added to each message, pasted below:
> >
> > So I suggest that we open a list on freelists.org (it is free) that would
> > supersede this one.
>
> I'd like to try fixing this mailing list first. did someone try to write
> to the list admin?
>
> > The lists there have a searchable archive by months, which can be sorted by
> > date, date reverse and thread and in case of threads it is indented.
>
> just FYI this list has archive too.
>
> --
> Sincerely, Alexander

Jace's words are up there. Quoted and old messages below this point