FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 14:45:03 UTC 2022

I beg to differ. I am registered to several mailing lists, none of them hide the
names or addresses in the messages themselves (but they do hide part of the
email address in the archives). I also have maintained an email list for years.

1. The lists I follow or maintain are not spammed.
2. Moreover, I manage my own email server, did not even care to install an
anti-spam on it and receive so few spam among the many emails I receive from it
that I did not even create a spam folder in my email client for this server.

So I think the issue was more with the management of the list than anything
(like a not so safe registration process, or not doing a dmarc validation of the
incoming emails).

Anyway I see the current behavior as an hindrance at least for me, so:
1. As suggested by Alexander I will try to request a list admin to change this
behavior.
2. if unsuccessful I will just unsubscribe.

Have a good day,
Didier