FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 21:11:46 UTC 2022

Win11 uses less system resources, so it's a bit snappier. Of course, people
will complain about any and every change. I complain about having two
things to manage in web navigation in Orca, focus/browse mode, and quick
navigation keys. But other people like it, and I sort of saw a few good
uses for it, but focus and browse mode switched on and off without my
control more times than I liked. So it's all about how a change makes a
person feel, and how many people feel that way, and then how many people
speak up about their feelings. Because more people will talk about the bad
things they find than the good, me included. I was getting into NeoCities,
a replacement for the old GeoCities, today and found that Linux users could
mount the webdav drive just by opening their file manager and pasting in
the address. Windows users have to use a whole separate app due to some
SSL/TLS stuff that Windows hasn't fixed. But my thing is accessibility; I
just can't let idiology override the need for good, solid accessibility.
Usually. Android is another story, and is actually improving.
Devin Prater
r.d.t.prater at gmail.com