mailing list privacy, etc.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 06:05:15 UTC 2022

You definitely have a point. If there is a way for the administrator of
this list to just remove the email address, or set it to the list
address as it is now, but still show the name of the sender, this would
be very much acceptable, with the exception of automatic completion that
seems to put the first name that I replied to next to the email every
time, so I have to go back and fix it. Still, that's a very minor thing,
and i do believe they may have fixed that now so that if I fix it once
it stays that way. So if I do quote someone to provide answers inline or
just to reference the exact point I'm responding to, the name will
appear as I want it, and I can easily see who I'm responding to, even if
they forget to put a name in the message. If this can be done, this is
certainly the best option going forward, and should not generate any
spam that doesn't get caught by the list's filters that keep out all
non-subscribers' posts.

~Kyle