mailing list privacy, etc.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 13:03:15 UTC 2022

Just my observations though about the anonymity of this list:

1. Those who aren't brave, but flamy never write their names.
2. Those who are confident and helpful often do so, and I can count only
six, not necessarily by rank: Devin, Kyle, Tim, Karen, Didier, and Rich Morin.
3. Because of that, threads on this list are exciting and often generate
more responses than say orca mailing list.
4. There are people here who impersonate others. A case in point is
someone who calls themselves Didier, perhaps that is his or her given
name--though I have my doubts about that as well, <smile>.
5. So because I am not on the list on item 2, I enjoy this list as it
is. I don't like spam, and prefer anonymity.