BackSpace Beep in Debian Testing?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 24 00:27:55 UTC 2022

Hi All: I have a newer laptop. An only way of having consistant sound is by
running Debian Testing instead of Sid where I had little or no sound. However,
I have no backspace or tab-completion beep in either tcsh or bash. I installed
beep. Supposedly there is a way of installing "pcspkr" but I cannot find it.
Can any1 please inform about how to enable beep in console? In searching, there
are references to a bell which is now disabled, but is found in accessibility?
If this is accurate, please inform what I do next? Typing a controll+g does
nothing. Thanks so much in advance
Chime