Console based email and Gmail, any luck?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 12:40:52 UTC 2022

Tim here.  Are you trying to access the account live/online or via
pulling mail locally with something like POP3 or using mbsync/offlineimap
to sync up mail to a local cache?

As someone else mentioned, the easiest way is to set up an "app
password", then use that as your login, whether provided in your
~/.muttrc for mutt/neomutt, or using those credentials in your
~/.mbsync or ~/.offlineimaprc file for syncing the mail to a local
maildir.

-Tim