"Accessibility in Fedora Workstation" (fwd)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 13:12:23 UTC 2022

(from Matt Campbell)

Thanks all for the appreciation and memories. But I'm afraid that, at
the risk of getting philosophical, the person who created ZipSpeak and
trplayer no longer exists. I remember being him, and I still have his
name and email address, but I'm no longer him. I've changed so much over
the two decades since then. Nothing makes that clearer than Chris's and
Karen's concerns about my attitude toward Linux console users and, more
generally, people who don't follow the whims of mainstream technology
for whatever reason. And those responses have given me something to
think about, but I don't yet know what I'll do about it. I said what I
wanted to say on the Fedora accessibility article, and maybe I shouldn't
have even let myself get pulled into that thread. But I think I'm now
philosophically far enough away from many, or even most, in this
community that I will probably retreat again from this list and other
related lists.

Matt