Spell checking not working in alpine, and the solution I found

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 8 12:38:32 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Firstly, for those of you who got this twice, I apologize for the cross
posting.

As the subject say, I found that spell checking didn't work for me when
using alpine. There is no En-ZA dictionary for /usr/bin/hunspell that I
know of, and that is the default.

I did a bit of googling, and some testing, and found that "aspell -c" does
the job rather adequately.

Just thought I'd share what I found in case someone else ever search threw
the archives for this info.

Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent from the Slint console using Alpine