regex help

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 12:38:18 UTC 2022

I want to create a regex that will look for single letters followed by a dot. This is for porpoises of file renaming. For example.
J. S. Smith - Become an Evil Dictator- A Step by Step Guide.txt
Arthur A. C. Johnson - How to Win Minions and Overthrow Governments.txt

The regex should look for and remove the dots. So the file names end up being:
J S Smith - Become an Evil Dictator- A Step by Step Guide.txt
Arthur A C Johnson - How to Win Minions and Overthrow Governments.txt

Is it possible to craft a regex to just find all single letters, followed by a dot? What file renamer is the best one to use for this? The one I currently use is brename
https://github.com/shenwei356/brename
but if there is a better tool, would love to know it.
Thanks.