Coqui TTS has blew my mind!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 13:20:58 UTC 2022

I've seen it before, but I only was able to get as far as the samples you heard. I got the following error when I tried to install it.

$ pip3 install TTS

Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement TTS (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for TTS

It is very good for reading longer texts, at least according to the samples I've heard, but is rather resource intensive for use with something like a screen reader. Hopefully there is an option to decode to an audio file. That would certainly solve the text to mp3 issue discussed earlier on this list.
~Kyle