Coqui TTS has blew my mind!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 19:11:30 UTC 2022

If there was a Text-mode web browser half as useable as Firefox, I'd
ditch the GUI altogether... but if web designers would stop
shoehorning in JavaScript, HTML5, and other rich web content where the
same functionality could be achieved with basic HTML, the deficiencies
of most text-mode browsers would be less glaring... and while the
navigational hotkeys provided by Orca, NVDA, and JAWS are so darn
useful I have to wonder how I got by without them back when I had a
working eye, as far as I know, no text-mode web browser has such a
feature and the way text-mode screen readers work, it's not a feature
that can be added to text-mode screen readers.

That said, as this is the first time I've heard of fallback
links(though I have come across streaming sites that would present an
inaccessible player if libavcodec58 is installed and a download link
if it isn't, so I've probably encountered them without knowing what
they are called, and in a different context than the one stated by the
person who mentioned them) I have to ask: Is their a way to force
Firefox to always display fall back links? And why would they be
hidden by default in the first place? To my mind, the most accessible
thing would be for streaming and downloading to be equally easy where
the user is capable of doing either.