`alpine refuses to save password

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 12:03:38 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I hope this message didn't post twice, for I got a mail delivery system failure notification.

I have looked as hard as I know how, and have tried almost everything I could, but no luck in making 'alpine' save my Gmail password.

I did "$ touch .pine-pass", had no luck there, "$ touch .alpine.pwd", also no luck.

The only thing I can think to do is to re-compile the darn thing. Maybe that'd help.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue in Slint, please help?

Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent from my MacBook Air

Contact:

Phone: +27 (0)60 525 9181 <tel://+27605259181>

Email: brandt.steenkamp at gmail.com <mailto:brandt.steenkamp at gmail.com>

Twitter: @brandtsteenkamp <http://www.twitter.com/brandtsteenkamp>