How do you customize the way punctuations are pronounced in Orca?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Feb 14 15:16:45 UTC 2022

I tried adding entries to the pronunciation table, but strangely, they
vanish after a few seconds.

I Open the screen reader prefs, selecting the Pronunciation tab. Then,
I select New Entry. I add a punctuation to the first column (e.g.
'!'). Then I tab to the next field and add a pronunciation string
(e.g. "bang"). Then, the entry that I created just disappears. The
table had one row when I was entering stuff, but a few seconds later
it shows that there are no rows. This is so weird! What am I doing
wrong?

Amanda[0]