Accessibility of installing Distros?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 15:43:00 UTC 2022

Jenux might be a possibility if it can install archlinux on a system it
will do that.  With odd hardware that's when things get interesting for
most linux systems.  The killer with gentoo is you have to build your
kernel with speech synthesizer support added and that takes a while.  You
really have to have deep knowledge of your hardware otherwise you'll make
bad choices in the kernel building and things won't work afterward on
first boot.  The whole gentoo kernel build process could be massively
simplified by having a switch with the kernel build software that tells
the software that does the build to build with all hardware now enabled.
Hardware that's not enabled won't be included but maybe that could be
added and fixed later.  I never got enough into gentoo to know if that is
possible.