Voting: Which game would you like to have on Linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Feb 25 13:07:57 UTC 2022

Sudoku is my vote.

-----Original Message-----
From: blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com <blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com> On
Behalf Of Linux for blind general discussion
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2022 7:04 AM
To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Voting: Which game would you like to have on Linux?

Hello list,

right now, I'm developing a version of my RTK library for Linux.

RTK is basically a set of various functions, which should significantly
easen up my future work.

And in order to test it before using it in serious projects, I decided to
build few "minigames", as:

a. I need to get a better grip of packaging for Linux and

b. We currently lack a lot of these.

I already have AudioGo, a blind accessible version of the ancient Chinese
board game, in a pretty finished state.

The question is, what logical minigame would you like to see next?

The choices I'm considering right now are:

* Minishogi

* Arimaa

* Othello

* Connect four

* 2048

* Sudoku

* Minesweeper

* Wordle perhaps? I didn't check yet whether the official version is
accessible or not.

If any of these games already has an open-source accessible Linux native
version, please let me know, I'm not aware of it.

Also, if you have suggestions for other interesting games I might have
forgotten, feel free to suggest.

Just note, that the suggestion should:

a. Be simple to fulfill, these are projects just to test out a library, not
long-term projects. Generally, all I expect of these games is to be able to
launch, start a new game, save a game progress and exit, plus some basic
settings. Nothing more, may be I'll add a game export option to the board
games, but that's all.

b. Should be a logical game. I.E. one where you use your logics to win.
The reason for this is in the first place my personal preference, but also
the fact that Quentin Playroom already covers many card games and similar
stuff, so they don't need an immediate addressing.

Final note, if you don't know some of the games mentioned in the voting
list, please, I would greatly appreciate if you took the time and checked
out at least their basic description and rules.

Linux itself is among the less recognized desktop operating systems compared
to the mainstream, and yet, many of us on this list simply love it.

So, why not to give a chance to a game you might not have known, but that
can turn out to be really interesting?

Thanks!

Best regards

Rastislav