Voice assistant on Linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Feb 26 10:02:08 UTC 2022

Linux for blind general discussion, il 26/02/2022 02.11, ha scritto:
> Mycroft works completely offline in this regard, so that's finally
> something I can trust.
Alberto:
Hi Rastislav,
do you so sure about offline recognition?
Because I was interested to Mycroft project some time ago, and I
understand that, with some adjustments, it could be used offline (and
without an account), configuring Vosk, DeepSpeech or other voice
recognition service in the LAN for Speech to Text (STT) part...

https://wltd.org/posts/how-to-make-mycroft-run-offline-to-have-real-privacy

...but usually it uses Google Cloud STT (IBM Watson or wit.ai STT are
also available), as illustrated in technology overview page:

https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/mycroft-technologies/overview

I'm quite sure also that they filter/anonymize requests before routing
to 3rd-party STT service, such like DuckDuckGo does with Google and Bing
search engines, but I don't remember where I read it.
Alberto