Voting: Which game would you like to have on Linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Feb 28 01:00:59 UTC 2022

Yeah, as I understand it, the only reason Windows gets the lion's
share of PC games is because it broke into the home market first,
wasn't tied to specific hardware vendors, and did well enough to kill
off most of the hardware brands that stuck to using their own OS or
making developers write their games for bare metal. Classic first
mover advantage that just snowballed from that early head start and
Mac and Linux have been struggling to convince anyone they have enough
users to make porting or avoiding Windows-specific frameworks is worth
the effort... Still, I'd argue good code is as platform independant as
possible and that OS-specific integrations should be avoided unless
strictly necessary for the software to work or it provides a
noticeable performance boost.