Voting: Which game would you like to have on Linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Feb 28 16:42:48 UTC 2022

Hello Chime,

when it comes to boxing, Windows has The savage gamut:

https://audiogames.net/db.php?action=view&id=The%20Savage%20Gambit

I'm not sure whether it would fit your radio memories, but as a boxing
game, it was very funny and challenging to play.

It has an awesome keyboard layout of attacks and defenses, so instead of
just blindly pressing a key or two, I can literally imagine a fight
taking place, since the layout resembles a human body.
In the Redemption version, the fight was getting really intense and in
fact, I didn't even finish it, since as little as two mistakes in the
higher levels could mean a loss.
I got into level 6 if I remember correctly.

Making a Linux version wouldn't necessarily need to be difficult,
perhaps getting similar rates of say damage would need some playing
around, even though Cheat engine could in theory shed some light on the
game's internal mechanics.

The problematic part would be the audio. While I have no problems with
coding, sound is really not my strong side, so achieving a comparable
gaming experience would be difficult for me.

Unless I would just take their sounds and use them directly, though I
have a feeling they wouldn't be happy about that. :D
Just kidding, of course.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 27. 2. 2022 o 21:54 Linux for blind general discussion napísal(a):