archlinux pipewire

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 2 17:24:44 UTC 2022

I installed pipewire after having got alsa and no sound server working on
the machine even with multimedia players like vlc.
After pipewire got installed I did a reboot and heard the grub beep and
then all was silence.
This was several minutes of silence.
So I logged in and then ran sudo and ran poweroff and the system powered
off.
Before running power off, I ran systemctl eneable espeak and systemctl
start espeak.  On starting the system again, no change silence again.
On this system pipewire does not work out of the box.
Fortunately this is a newly installed archlinux system and not one with
lots of files or miles on it.
Jude